In order to serve corporate and institutional customers more efficiently, the Corporate Banking Department provides business support on local and international trade to all client segments in the Bank namely: Corporate, Institutional, Small and Medium Enterprises and Personal Customers. The unit offers a range of products grouped into traditional trade finance products and structured trade finance products.
We also serve all projects under agriculture and agro-processing, with particular focus on the following sub-sectors:
- Farming (large-scale farming for all crops): large estates e.g. tea, sisal, coffee, barley, tobacco, etc.
- Agro-processing: Industries for all commercial and food crops, e.g.: flour mills (wheat, maize, sorghum, etc.) rice hulling and packaging, tea processing, ginneries, tobacco processors, sugar factories, cashew processors, sunflower/ cottonseed oil extraction.
- Commodity Trading: crop purchase for all commercial and food crops.
- Farm implements: tractors and accessories, combine harvesters, loggers (for forestry), and other machinery related to core functions of the agricultural sector.
- Livestock: abattoirs, ranch, dairy farm, milk processors, etc.
- Forestry: large tree plantations, log processing, flooring/value addition plants, timber.
- Fishing: fishing gear, fish processors, etc.
Dedicated Agribusiness Relationship Managers are equipped with the skills and expertise in the management of agriculture and will assist with:
- Structuring financing of all agri-businesses corporate projects.
- Understanding and managing of risks associated with agricultural lending.
We are also dedicated to serving all other projects which do not fall under agriculture and agro-processing. Our Corporate Relationship Managers are equipped with the skills and expertise in the management of corporate business/loans in the following sectors:
- Manufacturing, Trade & Commerce.
- Construction & Hospitality: (real estate, construction, building and hospitality, education, health, tourism, hunting, hotels and the restaurant industries).
- Utility, infrastructure and mining: (energy, water, gas, transport, communication, mining and quarrying).
In addition, our Relationship Managers will assist you with:
- Short-term financial investment.
- Investment growth.
- Payment of bills to schools, colleges, staff and tax.